The Life-Changing Power of Nature: Interview With Tansy Jane Dowman

 

During the early days of the pandemic, I found being amongst Nature was what gave me the most peace and stilled my Spirit when it became anxious and overwhelmed with life; watching the tree leaves dance as Wind brushed past; watching the swans swim with such elegance across the park lake; feeling the kiss of the sun on my skin; seeing a new mass of pink blossoms (my favourite flower) begin to bloom in backyard trees and along the trees on the motorway; absorbing all of the calming green and blue hues from the sky and the grass. I loved basking in the enduring stillness and peace that Nature exuded - the only sounds that poked through the calm was that of the birds singing to one another and even then, it was a sweet sound that I was more than happy to hear. You cannot help but feel calm in Nature, no matter what you may be going through in life; when you're with Her, you instantly pause and just soak in the moment that you're in, and a calm just washes over you - it's the most euphoric feeling, and something I knew I needed more of in my life. I wanted to learn more about Nature and what lessons She could teach to help us live the most wonderful of lives.

So one day, when I had a particularly intense migraine, I found myself in bed, trying to take my attention away from the pain of the migraine. My sister suggested I listen to a podcast which I didn't normally do but considering my limited options - watching TV, reading or drawing wouldn't help - I decided to give it a go. I searched for podcasts with hosts that spoke on Nature and this was how I stumbled across Tansy Jane Dowman: an Outdoor Empowerment Coach who deeply believes Mother Nature is the key to us reconnecting with our true selves and who supports her clients by walking alongside them, in Nature, to help guide them as they evolve.

Have you ever heard someone speak and felt nothing but pure warmth? Their voice almost an intangible hug? 

This is the only way I can describe Tansy Jane Dowman's voice - I've never met her but just from how she speaks, so soothing, so zen, and so pure, you automatically feel serene. I always feel as though I'm floating in the middle of the ocean, smiling, while the Sun shines and the ocean waves bob beneath my body while I listen to her 'Connect To Nature' podcasts on Wellbeing Radio. She's taught me (and I'm sure all other Wellbeing Radio listeners, too!) so much about how Nature can help improve one's quality of life that I knew I wanted to interview her for this blog post, and she kindly said yes! I wanted you to hear from Tansy herself (and so you could also have the listening pleasure of experiencing her voice, too) so below is the interview with Tansy's answers in audio format:

Question 1: How did you become an Outdoor Life Coach? Was coaching something you had always wanted to do?







Question 2: What was it about Nature that you felt would help your clients reconnect with themselves?







Question 3: What's the biggest lesson Nature has taught you about life and how do you implement it in your day to day?



Tansy is extremely passionate about helping people to find their true nature in the most holistic way, so if you feel an internal yearning that the real you is knocking and wanting to be freed, if you're currently stuck and don't know your purpose in life, if you feel as though you want to reconnect with yourself but don't know where to start, please free to contact Tansy via the following:

Instagram: @tansyjanedowman

Facebook: The Reconnection Nest - a private Facebook group for women seeking reconnection with themselves, their purpose and Mother Earth.

Website: www.hershininglight.com

You can also tune into her podcasts every Monday at 2pm on Wellbeing Radio: https://www.wellbeingradio.co.uk/tansy-dowman


0 comments